|Give an old Fella or Gal
a 2nd chance today!
Visit the Websites
|YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT
YOU CAN CHANGE AT LEAST ONE ANIMAL'S WORLD
|~A Place For Us~
Bonnie's Foster Home
|Top Ten Reasons to Adopt an Older Dog*
House trained..... Older dogs are house trained. You won't
have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house
manners and mopping/cleaning up after accidents.
2. Won't chew inappropriate items..... Older dogs are not teething
puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
3. Focus to learn..... Older dogs can focus well because they've
mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
4. Know what "no" means.....Older dogs have learned what "no" means. If
they hadn't learned it, they wouldn't have gotten to be "older" dogs.
5. Settle in with the "pack"..... Older dogs settle in easily, because they've
learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
6. Good at giving love..... Older dogs are good at giving love, once they
get into their new, loving home. They are grateful for the second chance
they've been given.
7. WYSIWYG..... What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older
dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to
be quite different from what they seemed at first.
8. Instant companions.....Older dogs are instant companions, ready for
hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.
9. Time for yourself..... Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because
they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that
puppies and young dogs do.
10. A good night's sleep..... Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep
because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally
need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks